Gambling is a form of entertainment and it is important for us to offer the user with world class entertainment. Studies show that the vast majority of customers are gambling responsibly, but for some customers this activity can be addictive and devastating. To make sure the game is played responsibly, keep the following in mind:
- Gambling is a form of entertainment, not a source of money income.
- Involve in gambling only with money the user can afford to lose.
- Never play in order to regain lost money.
- Keep track of the time and money spent on gambling.
As a responsible gambling operator, we want to ensure that our customers are aware of this service and use it responsibly
Set Your Limits
Just like seat belt fastening before you start driving, our limit setting section allows every customer to define from the very first day the frames within which this type of entertainment cannot cause uncontrollable problems. That is why, even if there are no risks of addiction, we recommend that you decide beforehand what is the amount of play that will avoid potential risks.
Indicators Pointint to Addiction Problems
According to various studies, 95% to 98% of customers perceive gambling as entertainment and can not stop on time. However, for less than 5% of clients, this activity can be addictive and devastating. In case of a problem, the first step is to recognize and recognize the problem. That is why we encourage the user to take this 10 question test from time to time. If the answer is "Yes" to one of the questions, the user should know that there is cause for concern and help may be needed.
- Have you ever, for more than two weeks, thought about gambling and experiences gained therein, planned future bets and playing time, ways to get gambling money?
- Have you ever experienced a period when you have made bigger stakes in order to get the same feeling of playing as before, but with lower stakes?
- Have you ever felt anxious or annoyed when trying to stop, reduce or limit the gambling?
- Have you ever tried unsuccessfully to stop, reduce or limit gambling three or more times in your life?
- Have you ever used gambling as a way to avoid unpleasant feelings such as guilt, anxiety, helplessness, or depression?
- Do you often come back the next day after a loss in order to try to regain the loss?
- Have you lied at least three times to family, friends, and others about how often you gamble and/or how much money you've lost while gambling?
- Have you ever borrowed money in order to spend it on gambling?
- Have your gaming habits ever caused serious or recurring problems with family or friends? Have your gaming habits caused problems at school or at work?
- Have you ever needed to ask for a cash loan from family members, friends, or credit institutions in order to deal with the money problems that are mostly caused by gambling?
Have you ever determined you are in a risk group? First of all, you do not have to blame yourself for the lack of willpower to stop gambling. It is a disease that needs to be treated, – and the sooner, the better. In addition, it is difficult to do so without the help of peers and professionals.
Frequently, people become may become overwhelmed by being referred to a narcologist for gambling addiction, stating that they have no problem with drugs. It is important to keep in mind that this is the title of a profession for professionals dealing with various types of addictive illnesses, including gambling addiction.
ŠCurrently, anonymous gambler meetings are being held regularly in several Latvian cities in order to help cope with this problem. For more information, we recommend that the user visits the website www.as.org.lv. Here, the user can find guidelines for the recovery process as well as up-to-date information on meeting venues and times
We also recommend the website www.veseligsridzinieks.lv, where the user can find a specific section on addiction prevention and advice on how to deal with acute cases.
Finally, if a problem is found, perform a self-shut down and ask the operators to stop you from playing. The user can do this by asking each operator the user is registered with. The other way is by writing an application to the Lotteries and Gambling Supervisory Authority [Izložu un azartspēļu uzraudzības inspekcija], which will forward the request to all operators licensed in Latvia. Website of the authority can be found HERE.